Wednesday 23 May 2012

15mm Flames of War build your own terrain

I have some models now I need some thing to play on, so have started to build my own board.
Now I have trees for woods and hills, but need hedges, walls, roads and buildings.

I had a thought on hedges as an easy start so went to town (Salisbury Wiltshire) and bought some clump foliage(2 colours) from Salisbury model centre, then went to a fantasic store called Endless Models near the towns GW. Here I got the loli-pop sticks and some resin walls that where 60p each.

For the hedges I first started by sanding the loli-pops

Then sprayed black

Dry brush with dark and light brown

Added the first layer of clump foliage

Leave it to dry for 12-24 hours and then add the second layer

Then add some scatter grass

All done.


 These top two photoes only have one row, It needed the second row as seen below.


 The bottom 2 pictures have a second row of clump foliage ontop. It need this to give a hiver more cncealing look.

No comments:

Post a Comment