Friday 10 February 2012

Stargazing and sons

I took my  son stargazing for the first time tonight, well by that I stood out outside for 20 minutes trying to remember the limited knowledge I have.
We looked at Orion, The Plough(The Big Dipper in the US) and then how to find the North Star. We talked about the phases of the Moon, why the Moon shines, and why you can not see all the moon all the time.
If it is like anything else I have taken a good amount of time explain to him, he will bring it out and link it to other thing we are talking about.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like lots of fun :)
    We're due to have a daughter (on my birthday no less) and I just hope she will be even slightly interested in her daddies geeky ways...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with the baby.

    All I found with Harry is if I make it seam fun then he joins in. Currently I'm teaching him who Gandalf is because he like magic, and Gandalf is a wizard(my wife rolls her eyes every time).

    ReplyDelete